Wednesday, December 19, 2012

In Lieu of Killing My Dog ~ Blog 37

The dog was suspiciously absent when I came in the door early from the track. She is usually right there, on the couch.

Instead, there was the thump of a dog jumping off the guest bed and a kind of slinking approach from Daisy Duke. This approach invariably means trouble is afoot.

Is that ... A packing peanut in her mouth?

Yes, these are the joys of pet ownership. Daisy Doofus mistook packing peanuts for actual peanuts. She was flat on her back, in the submissive pose, within seconds of my arriving. She is sitting beneath my chair as I write this. It is a pensive silence.

These are the joys of pet ownership. I was going to blog about Christmas in the big city or weight loss or the 1987 Minnesota Twins, but when life hands you blog fodder and you are blogging almost every day for 90 days, you take it.

Thank God I own a dog.

2 comments: