Tuesday, November 20, 2012

This Is Very Sick ~ Blog 22

This is how you get rid of CSA stuff, including kale, potatoes and onions.

Yesterday, for the first time in 22 weekdays, there was no new blog posted on Mass Hysteria. I was busy and I was sick. It was also due to work reasons; I slept until 11:30 a.m. and left for work at 2 p.m.

But you don't care about that. You come here for frivolity and food. Hence that picture up there. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it smells fantastic.

The throat is scratchy and burny. It hurts to swallow. Naturally, I went to Trader Joe's to stock up on food. There's no choice. Tomorrow is cooking prep day for Thanksgiving and that stuffing isn't going to make itself. It has 3 sticks of butter. It's amazing.

But that damn CSA has left us with a stock of veggies that has to be dealt with. The onions from four weeks ago are already rotten. Actually, they were bad a week ago. So, I threw some kale in a pot with some bacon, some chicken sausage, some onions, some chicken stock and some parmesan cheese. It smells spectacular.

This is what I do when I'm sick. No more running. Limited dog antics. And cooking. Lots of cooking. No eating. Just cooking. That little red pot on the stove is jammed with garbanzo beans and bay leaves and it's bubbling along.

Even when you're not hungry, it's comforting to have food boiling on the stove. Here's hoping I'm hungry by Thursday at 2 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment